Ninjas: highly trained assassins, feared far and wide for their secret skills and expertise.
Except for the violence, Direct Mail Ninjas are similar: experts who are trained by the greatest minds to develop a set of powerful skills.
Want to be a Direct Mail Ninja? Here are some masters of the art who can teach you a few “deadly” abilities.
Gil Boyne is an expert in the field of persuasion. Listen carefully to his sage advice:
- In your direct mail pieces, trigger excitement with emotional words. Try injecting words like “Thrilling,” “Magical,” “Frenzy,” and “Jackpot.” People remember more of how you made them feel than what you said.
- Keep things short and simple. Leave complex explanations for later- in direct mail, brief statements and questions have the most impact.
Chet Holmes has the equipment you need to be a Direct Mail Ninja. Arm yourself with his principles for creating successful direct mail campaigns:
- Be distinctive. Find a way to stand out from other direct mail.
- Include a call to action. If you want to do more than make a nice impression, make sure your piece gives your prospect something to do right now.
Robert Cialdini is an expert who understands that you don’t just want to entertain prospects, you want to turn them into clients. His application of psychological theory to direct mail practice is worth understanding:
- Get your prospects in the habit of saying “yes” to you. Start with obvious “yes” questions, like “If there was a better deal available, wouldn’t you like to know about it?” Move to bigger “yes” questions, such as “Would you be willing to answer a few questions to receive a free offer?” Before long, they’ll be saying “yes” to a lot more.
Jim Collins understands that Direct Mail Ninjas are nothing without discipline. Train yourself to make use of his doctrine:
- Send mail at a carefully calibrated, consistent frequency. Stay at the top of your target’s mind without overwhelming them.
- Keep your colors, fonts, and graphics consistent. Build familiarity with your targets and be instantly recognized.
One final lesson: AMG has the skills and experience to help you become a true expert in the art of direct mail. Ready to take your campaigns to the next level? Contact Us, Request a Quote, or Request a Media Kit or call us at 800–648–3107.